So if you missed it on the news, everyone's blogs or have not looked outside in a few days, we are having a serious storm in San Diego. I find it really funny how everyone is freaking out, and most of these people are from cities across the nation that get worse weather than San Diego could ever dream of. Being a native, I kind of like the change, plus anything to avoid the wild fires that come in the fall!
I am currently recovering from a serious case of Achilles Tendonitis. It sucks, but it is getting better; for that I am grateful. So this means no running and a lot of swimming and biking. Sounds good to me until I realize that all of my biking will have to be done on the trainer, and I have a decent long ride scheduled for this morning.
Instead of looking at the negative (OK... I admit it. I did that for a while), I decided to think of all of the good things about riding my trainer in my living room.
1. I could continue to drink my cup of coffee during my warm-up.
2. No need to bundle-up. Threw on a sports bra and cycling shorts.
3. Could get my laundry done while I rode (except the folding of course)
4. Forget having to look for a Starbucks or a large bush when nature called. Just hopped off and into my nice, clean bathroom.
5. No eating bars or gels while I rode. About half way through I made a toasted PB&J. Yum!
6. Got to watch a movie. Too bad it was a terrible one!
7. No wasting time and gas on driving. Rolled out of bed and started my work-out.
8. When the phone rang, I didn't have to stop. I'm sure the person on the other end was very confused why I was breathing so heavy.
9. Didn't have to worry about running out of water. Had a fridge full.
10. No sitting around sweaty afterwards. Got to hop immediately into a hot shower.
In the end, I'm hoping that the sun comes out for my weekend of long rides, but the trainer wasn't too bad I suppose...